Terms of service
General Rule of Conduct
Customer acknowledges and agree that:
- Customer’s use of the Services, including any content Customer submit, will comply with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations.
- Customer will not collect or harvest (or permit anyone else to collect or harvest) any User Content (as defined below) or any non-public or personally identifiable information about another User or any other person or entity without their express prior written consent.
- Customer will not use the Services in a manner (as determined by Cloud Acropolis in its sole and absolute discretion) that:
- Is illegal, or promotes or encourages illegal activity;
- Promotes, encourages or engages in child pornography or the exploitation of children;
- Promotes, encourages or engages in pornography.
- Promotes, encourages or engages in terrorism, violence against people, animals, or property;
- Promotes, encourages or engages in any spam or other unsolicited bulk emails, or computer or network hacking or cracking;
- Violates the Ryan Haight Online Pharmacy Consumer Protection Act of 2008 or similar legislation, or promotes, encourages or engages in the sale or distribution of prescription medication without a valid prescription;
- Infringes on the intellectual property rights of another User or any other person or entity;
- Violates the privacy or publicity rights of another User or any other person or entity, or breaches any duty of confidentiality that Customer owe to another User or any other person or entity;
- Interferes with the operation of the Services found at CloudAcropolis.com, or other customers of Cloud Acropolis;
- Contains or installs any viruses, worms, bugs, Trojan horses or other code, files or programs designed to, or capable of, disrupting, damaging or limiting the functionality of any software or hardware; or
- Contains false or deceptive language, or unsubstantiated or comparative claims, regarding Cloud Acropolis or Cloud Acropolis’ Services.
- Customer will not copy or distribute in any medium any part of the Services, except where expressly authorized by Cloud Acropolis.
- Customer will not modify or alter any part of the Services found at any of its related technologies.
- Customer will not access Cloud Acropolis Content (as defined below) or User Content through any technology or means other than through this Site itself, or as Cloud Acropolis may designate.
- Customer agrees to back-up all of the User Content so that Customer can access and use it when needed. Cloud Acropolis does not warrant that it backs-up any Account or User Content, and Customer agrees to accept as a risk the loss of any and all of r User Content.
- Customer will not re-sell or provide the Services for a commercial purpose, including any of Cloud Acropolis related technologies, without Cloud Acropolis express prior written consent.
- Customer agrees to provide government-issued photo identification and/or government-issued business identification as required for verification of identity when requested.
- Customer is aware that Cloud Acropolis may from time-to-time call Customer about their account, and that, for the purposes of any and all such call(s), Customer do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy during those calls; indeed, Customer hereby consent to allow Cloud Acropolis, in its sole discretion, to record the entirety of such calls regardless of whether Cloud Acropolis asks Customer on any particular call for consent to record such call. Customer further acknowledges and agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, any such recording(s) may be submitted as evidence in any legal proceeding in which Cloud Acropolis is a party. Further, by providing telephone or mobile number, Customer consent to receive marketing telephone calls from or on behalf of Cloud Acropolis that may be initiated by an automatic telephone dialing system and/or use an artificial or prerecorded voice. Customer understands that providing consent is not a condition of purchasing any good or service from Cloud Acropolis. Similarly, by providing r mobile number, Customer consent to receive marketing text messages from or on behalf of Cloud Acropolis that may be sent by an automatic telephone dialing system. Customer understands that providing consent is not a condition of purchasing any good or service from Cloud Acropolis. Message and data rates may apply.
NO SPAM; LIQUIDATED DAMAGES
- No Spam. We in Cloud Acropolis, do not tolerate the transmission of spam. We monitor all traffic to and from all our servers for indications of spamming and maintain a spam abuse complaint center to register allegations of spam abuse. Customers suspected to be using our products and services for the purpose of sending spam are fully investigated. If we determine there is a problem with spam, we will take the appropriate action to resolve the situation.
- We define spam as the sending of Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE), Unsolicited Bulk Email (UBE) or Unsolicited Facsimiles (Fax), which is email or facsimile sent to recipients as an advertisement or otherwise, without first obtaining prior confirmed consent to receive these communications. This can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Email Messages
- Newsgroup Postings
- Windows system messages
- Pop-up messages (aka “adware” or “spyware” messages)
- Instant messages (using AOL, MSN, Yahoo or other instant messenger programs)
- Online chat room advertisements
- Guestbook or Website Forum postings
- Facsimile Solicitations
- Text/SMS Messages
- We will not allow our servers and services to be used for the purposes described above. In order to use our products and services, you must not only abide by all applicable laws and regulations, which include the Can-Spam Act of 2003 and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, but you must also abide by this no spam policy. Commercial advertising and/or bulk emails or faxes may only be sent to recipients who have “opted-in” to receive messages. They must include a legitimate return address and reply-to address, the sender’s physical address, and an opt-out method in the footer of the email or fax. Upon request by us, conclusive proof of opt-in may be required for an email address or fax number.
- If we determine the account, products, or services in question are being used in association with spam, we may re-direct, suspend, or cancel any account, website hosting, domain registration, email boxes, or other applicable products or services. In such event, at our election, we may require you to respond by email to us stating that you will cease to send spam and/or have spam sent on your behalf and to require a non-refundable reactivation fee to be paid before the site, email boxes, and/or services are reactivated.
- Website/Server Content. Your website may not include any of the following content: (1) image hosting scripts that allow an anonymous user to upload an image for display on another website (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic); (2) banner ad services for display on other websites or devices (commercial banner ad rotation); (3) file dump/mirror scripts that allow an anonymous user to upload a file for other to download (similar to rapidshare); (4) commercial audio streaming (more than one or two streams); (5) push button mail scripts that allow the user to specify recipient email addresses; (6) anonymous or bulk SMS gateways; (7) backups of content from another computer or website; (8) Bittorrent trackers; or (9) any script that causes a degradation in the performance of our server or network environment.
- Shared web hosting packages: Web Hosting plans are designed to host most personal, small business and organization websites, and thus we offer lots of bandwidth and some plans huge amount of disk space and websites. This means websites or disk space you may use in the operation of your website, provided it complies with this Service Agreement. In the event the bandwidth, number of websites or disk space, CPU or RAM usage of your website presents a risk to the stability, performance or uptime of our servers, data storage, networking or other infrastructure, you may be required to upgrade to a VPS or Dedicated Server, or we may take action to restrict the resources your website is utilizing.
- We encourage all customers and recipients of email generated from our products and services to report suspected spam. Suspected abuse can be reported by email or through our Spam Abuse Complaint Center on the Web. Web: report abuse.
- Liquidated Damages. Customer agrees that we may immediately terminate any Account which we believe, in our sole and absolute discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any spam or other unsolicited bulk emails. In addition, if actual damages cannot be reasonably calculated then customer agrees to pay us liquidated damages in the amount of OMR 1.00 for each piece of spam or unsolicited bulk email transmitted from or otherwise connected with your Account. If any of our IPs are registered as a “spammer IP” then an amount of OMR 500 will be charged per IP to the Customer
At the end of each period (monthly or yearly), the customer will receive an invoice. The customer has maximum 15 days to clear than invoice before the services are suspended. If the payment doesn’t come within 30 days of the invoice date, the services will be recycled and data will be deleted.